No two situations are alike
However, adhering to principles of safety and universal design will support a longer and healthier life at home.
Home modifications, whether referred to as Aging in Place, Living in Place, or Universal design, the premise is the same – solutions allowing you to live more comfortably and safely in your own home. At BlueZoneHome we work with you to ensure extended enjoyment of your home with WholeHome™ Aging In Place Renovations.
We look at your whole home and eliminate all barriers so you can stay and thrive.
Design criteria includes where possible, but is not limited to:
- Open floor plan with minimal obstruction
- Enhanced lighting
- Use of colour to aid with depth perception
- No-step entry
- Handrails on both sides of stairs
- Wider doorways (36”min) and hallways (42”min)
- Electrical outlets 24” min. off ground, light switches 48” max. from ground
- No throw rugs (tripping hazard)
- Lever-style door handles
- Low-profile bed (20”-23” from floor to top of mattress)
- Proper height nightstands
- Bedside phone
- Adequate clearance around bed
- Closet lighting
- Raised toilet height
- Personal hygiene toilet seat
- Grab bars near toilet and in bath/shower
- Zero-step shower entry
- Shower seat
- Handheld showerhead
- Anti-slip coating in bath and on floors
- Appropriate sink height and depth
- Hands-free faucet
- Front-mounted cooktop controls
- Under cabinet lighting
- Pull-out pantry access
- Easy access cabinet and drawers
- Hardware pulls versus knobs
- Counter height microwave
We are committed to designing and creating a home in which you can live without barriers. We want you to thrive!
Live a longer and healthier life in your own home. Let's talk about how we can make that happen!